Today we went for the post -op visit and we were released to come home. Laila got her sutures out where the chest tubes were. She had 4 xrays. I swear she should be glowing from all the xrays she has had. There was a concern she had some fluid build-up as her tummy is really distended. It turns out she just really needs to go to the bathroom...TMI! But no fluid thank goodness. She also has been running a low grade fever for a week. I paged the on-call cardiology fellow 3 times about it. They told me as long as it stayed under 101 we were good since she had no symptoms. Well guess what tonight it got up to? 101... She still has no symptoms so I am worried about what is going on.
So off to the Dr we go again tomorrow. Hopefully we can nail down what is causing this low grade fever.
She will go back on the 31st to the cardiologist for an echo, EKG, more xrays, labs, and a 24 hour heart monitor.
Oh and we ran into her surgeon today on the elevator. He is a real person who uses an elevator! LOL! We just suspected he put on a cape and went superhero style. :) We just adore him, can you tell? Laila on the other hand turns her back to him and acts like he isn't there. Awww... But otherwise she is very bubbly about getting her heart fixed! She asks everyone who comes over "hey...HEY... I got my heart fixed, you wanna see?" and she pulls up her shirt to show her scar. The dermabond is coming off and I cannot believe how wonderful the scar looks. The scar she had from China STILL had sutures in it under the skin. You could count about 17 of them. They looked green and it was very bumpy. Another thing that really just takes my breath away is how pink she looks. I know I keep saying it but seeing her at HOME it makes me do a double take. I spent so many hours here looking at her blue (mostly worrying) and now she is here and pink. She just looks so different. Her entire skin tone is changed. She has a gorgeous glow.
Krissy is happy to have us home. I missed her something terrible! SO thats my update for now :)
I will post more after I take Laila to the Dr tomorrow :)
Welcome Home!
ReplyDeleteWelcome home! I am so glad everything went well and Laila is doing so well! I will continue to keep her in my prayers!!
ReplyDeleteTricia