Laila would not show those teeth for this pic! She was being silly. Thats Laila!!
Well the pacing wires are out! The suregon's PA came by and took them out very quickly. Laila did not even flinch. Isn't that wild they were all the way in the heart and they just came out like that. Tonight the night nurse was cleaning up and she said
"omgosh they left the pacing wires over here" and without missing a beat I asked her if I could have them. I think she thought I was nutso! I wanted to keep them. These wires were in my daughter's heart keeping her stable after surgery. I do not have much memorabilia from Laila's early life, but I have those pacing wires now. Speaking of pacing... now that I have looked back and googled the name of the tachycardia (Junctional Ectopic tachycardia) she had I am so thankful that she had everyone's prayers and thoughts. Google will scare you sometimes. She still does fluctuate within a funky heart rhythm called first degree AV block. I cant remember if I blogged or not about this, but one day she may need a pacemaker. The surgeon said that kids with heterotaxy sometimes tend to need one later. We will cross that bridge when and if it comes.
"omgosh they left the pacing wires over here" and without missing a beat I asked her if I could have them. I think she thought I was nutso! I wanted to keep them. These wires were in my daughter's heart keeping her stable after surgery. I do not have much memorabilia from Laila's early life, but I have those pacing wires now. Speaking of pacing... now that I have looked back and googled the name of the tachycardia (Junctional Ectopic tachycardia) she had I am so thankful that she had everyone's prayers and thoughts. Google will scare you sometimes. She still does fluctuate within a funky heart rhythm called first degree AV block. I cant remember if I blogged or not about this, but one day she may need a pacemaker. The surgeon said that kids with heterotaxy sometimes tend to need one later. We will cross that bridge when and if it comes.
Krissy and I are at a hotel tonight. Jarrod is with Laila. I am about to go take a scalding, hot shower. Then I am going to sleep and not worry about getting woke up by the chest xray dude at 4am! :) :)
No comments:
Post a Comment