(Laila getting EVERY last drop of her water!)Laila is moving to the step down floor today. They just took her off the catheter, the aterial line is out, and a line that was in her neck measuring amount of fluid in the heart. She is off the pacer! They took it off last night about 20 minutes before the new year. Her heartrate is lower than I have seen, but her BP is stable. She was in Sinus rhythm last night when I left. This morning she is having an irregular heartbeat called PVC. The nurse (named Micheal Jordan btw..LOL) mentioned that possibly there is still some swelling and the electrical impulses in the heart are not just quite there yet. She will still be monitored closely and they left the pacing wires in for now. She is still on tight fluid restriction. Her output was less than her input last night so for sure that will be something she has to keep doing for a while. Not fun, but we will make it. I have been pretty good at distracting her. Although she asks EVERYONE who comes by for water. :)
Hopefully a post soon will be that we are on 15th floor. Krissy will get to come see her then. Tomorrow night I pricelined a room at a nearby hotel so I will stay the night with Krissy before she has to go home and get back to school on Tuesday. I sure do miss that girl. I think she has aged about 5 years since the past week. We turned on an old cell phone so she could text us. (yes I am THAT mom!) It has been pretty entertaining to read her texts. She is just in 1st grade so she spells averything by how it sounds. My favorite text was.... "is Laila in her serjry?"
Another funny one was when she got some special treatment and got to go get at pedicure with her meme. She got a zebra print toe nail paint job. She texted me and it said her pedicure
" ickchrat evry body at the petcer plase " (attract everybody at the pedicure place) Funny girl.
Yippee for Laila and that pedicure of her big sister's sounds like FUN!
ReplyDeleteStill thinking of y'all and checking in. Can't wait to celebrate each step of the way. Love what Laura put on ChinaHeart.
Hugs, Leslie