Tomorrow someone from surgery is coming at 7 am to remove Laila's pacing wires. Say a little prayer it all goes ok and she isn't in too much pain. I cannot imagine how these wires are going through her body into her heart and how they come out. It seems like it would hurt. She is going to be awake during the procedure and poor baby has been through enough!
Chest tubes still draining. They tripled her dosage of Lasix now. Hopefully we will see the results of that soon. They also started her back on Atenolol to help with the high heart rate.
Ok other mamas who have had kids go through a big medical emergency....when you see the surgeon or Dr who saved their life do you feel like superman is walking in your room when you see them? I swear I feel like when Laila's surgeon comes in "hail to the chief" or something really of that caliber should be playing in the background. Its like the President came by or something. :) except I really like him! ;)
The thin walls today I overheard loud neighbor explaining to his daughter that she would be undergoing an EP study tomorrow. I havent ever laid eyes on snorer guy, but it was touching to hear him talk to his daughter about what she would have done. He tried to make it sound light and nonchalant and reassure that it would be ok. I so wanted to go next door and tell them not to worry. Laila had an EP study and it was ok, but I shouldnt be listening! However there was no way not to hear every word of the convo. The nurses told me that actually our 2 rooms are for parents with twins here and they just pull back that wall so the parents can be in the same room essentially.
I will post more tomorrow after pacing wires are out!!
I feel the same way about Cara's doctor. I thought it was all in my head until one day when I called her regular pediatrician in po-dunk America to cross check a prescription. As I was giving the RECEPTIONIST the message about the med, dossage, and prescribing physician, she goes, "Wait...do you mean THE Dr. Sh______?"
ReplyDeleteSo maybe it's not just me--and you.;0)