Ok last night Laila had another bad experience. Her IV was leaking when they went to flush it so they had to re-do it. Well 3 people later and 4 times digging and blowing veins they FINALLY got it in. Laila actually did extremely well and just cried and she didn't fight them. She is so brave. She did ask me when they walked out, "why I am only one getting poked? Nobody else getting poked, Laila mad!" The nurses kept saying her veins are very weak. On top of that Laila is also getting a bed sore. I have been rotating her as much as possible and changing from bed to chair. However she just has no bootie padding so I guess that makes her more prone to a bed sore! So wound care is coming by to help figure what we can do. We are going to get up and around more today. We walked down the hall this morning to get a wagon and she loves riding the halls in it. But for now I had to post this picture of her missing tooth! She looks so cute! I think she is really proud of the gap too :) So glad she held onto losing the teeth until age 7 and we get to see her toothless grin!!! In the picture above she was talking to Krissy. Can you see the spark in her eyes?? She loves her sister!!!
I'm so sorry to hear about the IV :( I've been lifting Laila up in prayer. She is quite the fighter & sounds like she enjoys making her doctors work!
ReplyDeleteBlessings-
Danae
Laila we met you in China, we were at the Garden Hotel at the same time. We send our love to you!
ReplyDeleteMarla, Sasha Jade ChunTian, Ava Rose, and Jake
So sorry to hear about more pain for Layla...W are so hoping for a better day...Layla, you sure are cute without that tooth, though!!!!
ReplyDeleteMary Kate
I am so sorry to hear that Laila had a rough time with the IV. I remember the same problem when Sophia was in the hospital. I actually got smart and told them to put two IV's in while she was under anesthesia (one in her hand and one in her foot). The next three surgeries we used both IV's. Mommy sometimes does now best!
ReplyDeleteI love the gap in her smile! She looks adorable! I am praying for a better night tonight for both of you! I am thinking about you!!!