My Blog List

My Blog List

Our family

Our family

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Laila update

Sleepy Laila :)


Sorry I have neglected to post!! Laila had her one moth post op check yesterday. It was a full day of testing! She had an echo, EKG, chest xrays, and she got fitted to wear the Holter monitor home for 24 hrs. The appointment went well. Her sats were 89 and my pulse oximeter needs a new sensor so I dont know if they are continually back down or if it was just a fluke. The echo did show a tad more regurgitation than it did exactly 3 weeks ago. The cardiologist told me that perhaps since the previous echo was done very early in the morning and this one was done in the afternoon it could show a slight difference. We go back in 3 months to recheck with an echo in the afternoon for continuity. Of course the biggest indicator of her health is how she feels and how she looks. Right now she looks great and has loads of energy! She is still pink as ever!! She just got to take off her Holter and she is dancing around. She just walked up to me and asked me "will you accept this rose??" Can you tell we have watched The Bachelor?? Ooops!

Right now Krissy is sick with the flu. VERY sick! Krissy is unable to take a flu vaccine because she is allergic to eggs so she caught it! Its terrible and of course it happened on the weekend! SO by the time Krissy got to the pedi on Monday it was too late to start Tamiflu. They did however start Laila on Tamiflu, but she did get as vaccine as well. I just hope Krissy turns the corner soon and she starts feeling better. I do not think I have seen her this sick ever! Not fun...

We are excited for Chinese New Year. The girls want to go out to eat and wear their Chinese dresses. Hopefully Krissy will be well and we will get to celebrate! I have my envelopes ready :)

3 comments:

  1. Hi Brandee,
    So glad to see the update on Laila! I checked yesterday to see how your appointment went with the doctor. I figured it was a long day and you would probably post the results today! YEAH! Such great news for Laila!! I hope Krissy gets well soon! Happy Chinese New Year!
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks dor the update...glad all is well, hope Krissy feels better soon!!!!

    Mary Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear Krissy is sick! I hope, by now, she is better.

    Great News about Laila---in the Pink!

    ReplyDelete