My Blog List

My Blog List

Our family

Our family

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

a great day!


Finally! Today has been Laila's best day so far. She spent most of the day awake and very eager to walk the halls! We circled this floor twice with the Physical Therapist and Laila probably could have went around again. It hit me that before surgery walking those halls would have been an impossible task for Laila to do without resting. Today they checked her sats and they were....drumroll.... 98%. Amazing, absolutely amazing. I am so used to when her sats are being checked to hear that blaring alarm that goes off. Beep.Beep. Beep.. Now, nothing! No alarms.


Her tachycardia has resolved as of the latest report from monitor she is wearing. She is in sinus rhythm now. Just all around good news.


Her chest tubes are still draining. She is up and around so I have been told that prety much the norm when the kids are eating more and out of the bed. Oh and I have officially been squirted with chest tube drainage...eekk....oh well its funny when its your child its ok although I do not think I ever want to eat tomato soup again...tmi...


We had some company today and that was great! It makes the day go by so much faster! Thank you Jennifer, Jimmy, Bria & Brynn! Also Jason, Candice, Aiden, & Ella came by. Laila really was feeling good and happy to play and walk the halls with Aiden. Laila has a little waddle when she walks with all these tubes and Aiden adjusted his gait to match her waddle. It was too cute! Tonight we were able to skype chat with Krissy and Jarrod. Skype is like the best invention ever. Krissy was really entertaining Laila by going and grabbing all the stuffed animals we left home and showing them to Laila through the screen. Laila really laughed. It was a good sound.


:)


3 comments:

  1. So happy for this wonderful day and praying that the rest are just as good AND even better. Great job, Laila on that 98%!!! That is soo awesome. Praising God!

    Blessings- Danae

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for all the updates! I was so excited to read this update! It sounds like things are starting to be normal again! YEAH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad to hear that Laila is doing well! What a blessing for her -- sweet girl finally has her heart fixed!

    I have a **HUGE** favor to ask: Would it be possible to switch the font color on your blog? It's really, really light and difficult to read. I've viewed it on different computers, so I don't think it's just me.
    In order to read your blog, I have to copy and paste the text into a document and read it that way.
    Changing the text color is really easy: When you're finished writing a new post, highlight all of the text and click the "T" button with a color swatch (there are 2 similar buttons -- one that alters text color and another that alters background color, so if you pick the wrong one, try the other!)

    Thanks! And all the best to your family and little miss Laila!

    ReplyDelete