Laila is on room air!! No more oxygen and her sats are pretty stable in the low 90s. She also got one chest tube out today. It was sad watching them do it because she cried big tears! However one less tube is good. They also took her remaining 2 chest tubes and put them on a little baggie thing. It was quite a feat to roll in the bubbly chest tube machines in the bathroom. Although I miss that bubbling sound those 3 machines made. It was a great "white noise" maker! Our room is directly across from the nurses station. So we hear a lot of beeping ;)
Laila had a ROUGH night. She has only urinated twice since the took out the foley catheter yesterday morning. Now she has to walk to the bathroom and of course she feels so sore that she is not going to willingy put herself through the 15 minute walk to the bathroom that is really only 3 steps away. They did a bladder ultrasound at 3am and her bladder was full so her kidneys are working. She is just not wanting to go. I hope they dont have to cath her again...We have made her sit on the potty twice now and no urinating. She is holding it in.. So a catheter might be on the horizon...eeek... we are chasing her with her pain meds and not letting her skip them. She is just not all that comfortable now. Her personality is a little more subdued than she was in the ICU. I am going to have to talk to the Dr next time he steps in and figure that out.
She is still having some weird heart rhythms. One called JET (dont know exactly what the initials mean) and then now she is having the PVC rhythm. I think the electrophysiology drs who specialize in heart rhythms are trying to figure the solution to that. They are stopping her Atenolol tonight though.
Well Krissy just showed up! So I will blog later!!! :) :)
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI wanted to send along some healing thoughts and prayers for Laila. I am another mom of a Qing Hai Cutie and I have follwed your sweet blog since you traveled to bring Laila home.
ReplyDeleteI am very impressed by how brave Laila is. Please let her know she is an inspiration to
other children who face surgery and so many life challenges. We wish Laila strong healing and peaceful patience with some good night's sleep soon! Respectfully, Gina co-owner Xining-Families yahoo group & my Qing Hai Cutie, Lulu