
Laila is now 7 years old!!!
We went out to eat last night to celebrate (again!) and when we left I had to carry her to the car because she was out of breath and not able to walk. Anyway it hit me
"I am carrying a 7 year old!!" But I am thankful she lets me carry her ;)
Today she is really blue. I think maybe the colder weather has her a bit more cyanotic. I checked her O2 sats and they are pretty much the same. Mid 70s. I do not want to rush the Holidays away, but I am so anxious for her to have her surgery. At the same time I look at that date on the calendar and it scares me how close it is getting. Just a weird ball of emotions going on.
I took Laila out to eat her favorite Chinese food today. (My gosh it sounds like we are always eating out, LOL!) Anyway the workers love to see her, they are Chinese. She usually clams up and just smiles so big! Well today she wanted chopsticks so I told her to ask for them. She did and she asked in Mandarin. Then she conversed with them for a minute or so. I am glad to know that she still can speak Mandarin. I think it comes and goes and she only will talk when she wants to.
Tomorrow will be 5 months that she has been home. I can't imagine her not being here.
She is such a part of this family now.
Happy Birthday Laila!
ReplyDeleteXO