Things are the same with Laila. She is still thirsty and she is still on tight restrictions. She is up to 40ml per hour. She has been able to eat, but food is not what she wants. She is still being paced. They had to turn the pacer up to 120. Every so often a Dr will come in and quickly unplug it and see what her rhythm does and they plug it back in and tweak it. She cannot go to the step down floor with the external pacemaker. Her chest tube drainage must be ok because they haven't said otherwise. She is sounding less raspy when she coughs.
We are doing good. Jarrod and I have been staying at the Ronald McDonald on the 4th floor here. Laila is on the 18th so we are just a quick walk to the elevators. We have been pretty much taking shifts all day. She is more awake so its a lot more challenging to keep her mind occupied off water and getting up!
Krissy is staying with Alison (my sister) about 30 minutes from here. I just talked to her and she sounded good. She wants to see Laila, but she is not able to go to the ICU. They may let her go but she will have to visit with a Child Life Specialist. I think Krissy will do ok seeing Laila and I think Laila would LOVE to see her. Laila looks so much better.
I forgot to go back and read if I mentioned that Laila lost a tooth in surgery! Its on of her two front teeth. It must have gotten knocked out when they did something. They gave it to me. All bloody and everything in a specimen cup! Laila was happy to see her gap tooth smile too!! :)
Brandee,
ReplyDeleteI was so glad to see your updates on Laila! It was nice to hear that things are going well and she is starting to be more like the little princess you know! You are in my prayers and I am thinking about all of you!
Tricia
Praying for Laila from Australia
ReplyDelete