My Blog List

My Blog List

Our family

Our family

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

3 weeks from today


Three weeks from today (barring any cancellation or illness) we will be in Houston and Laila's surgery will be underway. Its going to be a very emotional day I know it already. I will be a wreck, just warning you all. However Laila is excited. She asks us all the time

"I get my heart fixed when? tomorrow?"
or she will say:

"Laila get heart fixed...go to Krissy school.....play soccer....run" and she continues to rattle off all the things she WILL be able to do after and not get so out of breath.


One morning a few weeks ago Krissy went to wake L
aila up. Anyway when she went to wake her up she said "Laila today we're gonna decorate the Christmas tree" and Laila
(insert language barrier and just waking up) thought Krissy said "Laila today is gonna be your heart surgery". Anyway Laila jumped to her feet in the bed and bounced up and down saying "yeah heart fix today!!" Just to think how important this is to her and to think she could still be sitting in an orphanage in China with no hope for improvement for her heart. To think there are kids with her condition waiting... Its hard to think about it and not feel a burden when you see the JOY she has about this.

She is brave. She is excited that maybe she won't have to take ALL the medicines she is on.

The Lasix every 12 hours.

The nasty liquids.

The ones that make her tummy hurt and feel yucky.

She is such a trooper when it comes to medicine. That I a
m so THANKFUL for!!

I took a photo of our hands together. You can see how her condition is really taking a toll on her body. Constantly ice cold hands that make me jump when she touches me if she catches me off guard.

I am so thankful to know that in a month these hands will be pink and warm.





3 comments:

  1. I have been following your journey since your Journey To Me journal. My oldest daughter was adopted from Cambodia with a heart condition and had the fontan procedure done. It has made such a difference in her quality of life.
    I have been lifting Laila up in prayer and will continue to do so. I'll be praying for you too. Surgery is just as tough on mama & daddy.


    Blessings- Danae

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you guys are on the count down now. I am so glad you are so close to getting this all behind you. Please let me know when you are in Houston. The girls and I (Nic and Shana) want to come visit you guys in the hospital. Have a great Christmas!
    Nikki and Quinn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will be praying. So thankful for Laila's excitement and yet it breaks my heart a little too that your little girl has to face this. Our DD was so brave and I know Laila will be as well. Take strength from her on that day and don't cry until she is out of your sight as she'll need you to be strong.

    Heart hugs, Leslie

    ReplyDelete