My Blog List

My Blog List

Our family

Our family

Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Hoop jumping... and going back to jump through the same hoops!!!

Not quite posting the letters DTC that I had hoped to be posting. Just a quick update. Jarrod and I were fingerprinted on Nov 17 for the I-800 A approval. Well I have really dry hands and I am constantly washing them, so the lady taking my prints had a hard time getting them. She felt they would go through though. Fast forward to this past Tuesday Dec 1 was Laila's 6th Birthday!!! I went to the mailbox and inside was a letter from the entity who grants I-800A approval and I frantically opened it thinking YES this is the approval and on her BIRTHDAY!!! But NOOOO they rescheduled me to do my fingerprints again!! Ok so I accepted it and have been trying to take better care of my hands for the big RE-PRINT day. To only make matters a tad more complicated, we were contacted this past Thursday about an RFE. RFE are the letters you do NOT want to see when you are waiting for the approval!! I am praying our homestudy agency can provide the correct evidence needed and we can JUMP through another hoop.. and keep jumping until we finally can become a FAMILY!!







We have officially started getting clothes and things for Laila. I had been collecting things every now and then but NOW its really time to start getting ready. FUN!! First thing on the list is a dresser and we just might go get one today... Maybe brave the Christmas shopping crowds... :) We aren't sure yet how we will set up bedrooms. We have thought about waiting until she gets home and let her choose a bed for herself. Since she is 6, we think letting her make some choices will be helpful to feeling like she has some control. But Krissy definitely wants to share a room!!! Krissy already decided that she would help get Laila dressed every morning before school! ;) She is really looking forward to her sister role!







Last thing... We got a a very special picture of Laila... This was taken just 24 hours ago!!!!!!! The first picture we have of her as a 6 year old!!!





Taken by a very special friend who is at PHF now!!! Nicole, THANK YOU!!!!





Without further rambling....












Oh this picture makes me wish I had crammed myself in Nicoles suitcase!! Have I mentioned I am a terrified of flying! I mean terrified.. To the point I crawl into a fetal position and have to force myself to zone out. (If you have flown with me you have witnessed this) haha! But when they start seating my plane to China I am going to hold this picture and RUN to board!! Ok maybe not run, but walk confidently on the plane.

Job 36:11 If they obey and serve him, they will spend the rest of their days in prosperity and their years in contentment

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy for you .. I pray that things go smoothly and she is home with you very soon!

    ReplyDelete