I am a bad blogger! Sorry for not updating much. We are waiting for our I 800 A approval and then we will be DTC. (dossier to China) We have heard from some wonderful people who have actually MET Laila and have spent time with her. Everyone has told us how sweet and special she is!!! We are so excited to soon be the ones who spend forever with her. I have been spending a lot of time reading through Laila's file and trying to piece together a timeline of her early life. One thing I am trying to figure out is how she traveled very far from her home province to where she is now, the amazing Philip Hayden Foundation. Somehow very young she traveled a LONG way to have a surgery performed that gave her a chance at life. Her home province is VERY remote and they do not adopt many children at all from there. It isn't clear to me yet who sponsored her travel & surgery there are some "holes" in her file, although I hope someday I will know. I do know that someone is in charge of her life because it is a miracle how we have been brought together. Hello GOD!! :) When looking through her file I am so taken aback by this sweet photo of her!! This is the typical China referral photo and I am guessing Laila was maybe about 2 in this photo still trying to figure it all out. SOOOO CUTE!!! What I would do to have pinched those cute cheeks!!!
It was not the first photo we saw of her. This is the first one... The photo that started it all!!!!!
We actually found out about Laila aka "Kathy" from a lady named Erin whom I will be ever grateful to. While waiting to travel to China to bring home her daughter, Erin took the time to advocate for kids who needed a family. She posted about Kathy on her blog in hopes that her family would come forward and WE DID! Thank you Erin .
Since I am posting photos.. And we are about 5 months into the process... Here ya go!!
I have always wanted to post that picture!!! :) :)
One last picture. Laila's birthday is coming up! She is going to be 6 years old and while I knew there was no way we would have been able to bring her home before her birthday. (especially after the homestudy issue) I am thankful that we are able to send her a special gift and a cake that will be delivered on her birthday!! Thank you to Ann at Red Threads!!! She is going to have photos taken for us of the birthday party!!
Hopefully the next post you see from me will be with the letters D-T-C at the top!!!




I don't think you're a bad blogger at all :) I bet it's hard to post stuff, because there is alot of wait time...and you can only say HURRY UP so many times...lol! I can't wait for the post that says " we're going to china!"
ReplyDeleteThank you Katie.. Its really hard because we have done everything in our power to have our paperwork organized and ready to go. We lost at least 2 months when the homestudy agency decided to close!! 2 MONTHS!! I feel bad for Laila its taking so long and its not like we procrastinated at all. Our dossier is sitting on the table ready to go, but just waiting on that final piece of PAPER! I cant wait to post that I am going to China too!!
ReplyDeleteOh wait I mean "were going to China!" in case you come with me!!! :)
ReplyDeleteso exciting! i love that little pic of her in yellow! cutie pieeeeee!
ReplyDeleteBrandee,
ReplyDeleteYou are too sweet...so glad you found one another! The piggie tail picture is so precious! Laila's expression is just adorable ;-)