
Ok we have one more week until Laila's cath. I am praying that we can keep her well. She just finished another round of antibiotics after testing positive for strep on the 15th. She never ran fever or anything but she had a runny nose. She is NOW officially in "quarantine". Poor Laila! She loves to go watch Krissy tumble and play soccer so keeping her home will be hard on everyone!!
I am trying to mentally prepare myself for if we get bad news after the cath. I do not know why I do it. I sit here a google medical stuff I have NO business looking at really. I pulled up the email with the description of her heart defect from when her file was reviewed. See there are so many issues that when someone asks me what is her heart condition I just cant tell them. Its very complicated. Now we have SVT added on top of everything. Laila has been having epsiodes I think are "SVT" and its scary because she just wants to lay down which is SOOO unlike her. I notice it happens in the mornings after she takes her first round of meds, but before the second one. I will be so glad for the EP study to hopefully figure that out. If they can figure out what is causing the SVT and its something that can be treated by ablation in the cath lab they will do that next Monday. I think I posted that already, but I keep repeating the details to myself in my head! Anyway I had a talk with someone about "Miracles" recently. Anyway this person told me that someone had expressed to them that they do not think God performs miracles like he did in the Old Testament. I just have to disagree. I am sitting here in awe of how Laila's story. When I saw where she was in China and how she survived months alone in a hospital for pneumonia and then an open heart surgery all alone at age 18 months I am convinced God performs miracles. To think that she was one of the children deemed worthy to have her first heart operation paid for by a Christian Organization out of Hong Kong and she traveled across China to have surgery...wow! Then to have been able to grow in China at Philip Hayden Foundation while God was weaving our paths together there is no doubt in my mind that we have witnessed a miracle. She has been finally in the past 2 weeks walking up to me in random moments and saying "Mama..Laila happy here!!" it really takes your breath away. It can be the most mundane moment like watching me do the dishes or washing her hair. She is experiencing LIFE and when you read the notecard in front of me with her medical diagnosis you can't imagine how she is still here. So I am going to continue believing in the miracle that has been happening before my very own eyes and trusting that everything will be ok!!
Brandee, Miracles do happen....We are praying for your sweet girl every day!!!!
ReplyDeleteHi Brandee,
ReplyDeleteI've really enjoyed following along with you as you keep us updated on Laila-what a blessing to watch her blossom before our eyes-all praise to God. Anna is doing the same thing-thanks to His grace. Yes, I agree with you that He does miracles and that we are to trust in His complete sovereignty-He is in complete control and He is good! Praying with you!
Stacey Pugh
New Testament says...Mark 11:
ReplyDelete23For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.
24Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.
BELIEVE, PRAY and have FAITH for it and it shall be Laila's healing!
My favorite scripture...FAITH IS, being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1
Brandee: Let me know when you are coming into town. I'd love to see you if that's possible. We can come down to TCH and say hello!
ReplyDeleteHang in there and stop reading. :) I'm guilty of stuff like that myself. I guess I feel it's always best to prepare for the worst, hope for the best. I have a feeling that you are going to get great news regarding Laila.
I pray that you can give your worry to God and get through this tough time. Keep us posted!
Nikki and Quinn