My Blog List

My Blog List

Our family

Our family

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Laila's Cath Cancelled....




I knew as soon as I heard the voice of the coordinator. Sure enough I sensed it. They were calling to cancel the cath procedure that Laila was scheduled for on Sept 7. Laila had to wear a 24 hour heart monitor and it detected an abnormal heart rhythm that needs to be looked at further. So now in the cath lab she will also be undergoing an electrophysiology study. I was so caught off guard that I didn't even ask what the abnormal rhythm was. During her 2 hour echo the techs said she was having tachycardia, but it corrected itself at that time. SO maybe thats the abnormality. Either way she is going to have an more intense procedure and they are needing to coordinate 2 surgeons to do the cath and the study. Hopefully we will hear something before the end of the week when we are on the schedule. I have been keeping Laila "quarantined" so she wouldn't get sick. Well now I think we will just get OUT of the house and enjoy the 3 day weekend!

***Hope everyone who has been following our journey on the other site finds their way back to this site!!! You can still find me on facebook if you want more updates****


3 comments:

  1. What adorable girls!!! I am praying that everything works out well at the new appointment.
    Tabitha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi my name is Robin Spitler and I have off and on been following your blog. I too have adopted a child from China with a heart condition and am dealing with some of the same issues you guys are. We arrived home with Noah on July 31,2010. Your sweet girl and my sweet boy are about the same age I believe. He is 6 1/2 (will be seven in Dec). We found out at our Cardiology appoint. that he doesn't have a Pulmonary artery and has a hole in his heart. (There are more technical terms for it all but I prefer to make the descriptions easy for all, especially me). We finally have an MRI scheduled for the end of Sept. It took way too long to get this appointment so I can relate to what you are going through in waiting for appointments and answers. I am sorry to hear that her appointment was postponed. We originally were going to have the heart cath and then they decided to do the MRI first. I have to say things don't sound very promising for our son but we are certainly praying about it. I appreciate your info because it made me think about some things in a different/better way than I thought originally. We too are home schooling him for health reasons. I don't think we can take a chance with him getting sick before his procedure. He is attending preschool one day a week and I think it has been good for him to get out and be around other children. He is doing very well overall but the waiting is very difficult. Thank you so much for sharing your experience with others. Please know it has been a big blessing. If you would like to read our blog it is: www.thespitlersjourneytochina.blogspot.com
    If you have any more great advice I would welcome it. My email is: robinspitler@gmail.com
    Thanks again for sharing and God bless, Robin

    ReplyDelete