
We got a little update from the cath nurses at TCH. Laila is going to have her EP study done first. IF the Electrophysiologist is able to induce the SVT and find the extra pathway that is causing the tachycardia he will ablate it and she will have to stay overnight. IF he does this then the pre-Fontan cath will have to take place another day!! The Dr who is going to do the Pre-Fontan cath said that he would not be able to get reliable pressures if she has an ablation procedure done first. Apparently the EP study is most important right now so it is taking precendence. If the Electrophysiologist is NOT able to induce Laila's heart into the SVT mode and find the cause then the Dr who is performing the cath will continue and get his Pre-Fontan numbers and Laila will only have to stay in recovery for about 6 hours. Once we get the Pre-Fontan cath numbers we would have answers about what type of surgery Laila will be able to have. We are praying for best case scenario, the Fontan. Second best would be some type of central shunt that would help with her low oxygen sats.
Right now I am not sure what I am wanting to happen on Monday. I selfishly want to have answers about when and if she can have surgery, but on the other hand I want the SVT under control. Its all in God's hands so really I just have to let my worries go. There is NOTHING I can do at this point except give it to God. Boy its sure is hard though! If Laila has to undergo another cath procedure then its just what we will have to do. I feel bad for her though. :(
Thanks for the update! We keep you guys in our prayers. You are right...it is in God's hands but its just in our nature to worry. I love you guys so much and can't wait to see you all again!
ReplyDeleteI will being checking back and thinking about Laila Monday. You are in great hands. Praying for a Fontan.
ReplyDeleteShana