Life with our virtual twins! Krissy & Laila! Laila joined our family from the Qinghai Province in China this past July. Hoping to encourage others to adopt an older waiting child! :)
My Blog List
My Blog List
Our family
Total Pageviews
Sunday, May 3, 2009
More about Laila
The video above is about a show called Childrens Heart Project. I watched the first episode and set my dvr up to record the rest. This video is especially poignant to us because Lail*a will need an open heart surgery when we bring her back. The surgery she needs cannot be done in China. Lail*a has a single ventricle. Basically the heart should have 4 chambers and hers only has 3. She has had one surgery and needs a surgery called the Fontan ideally within the next 1-2 years. She may possibly need a valve replaced as well. Its recommended that it would be done at a hospital with a very high level of expertise. When we were considering accepting her referral I figured since we live near Houston I would look into how Texas Childrens ranks in regards to childrens heart surgery. They just so happen to be the #3 in childrens heart surgery in the US. Wow #3??! God is that you?? is this a sign?? Trust me the medical aspect sounded scary to us at first. I am extremely ashamed to say we thought it best to turn down her referral and say "no way" and "we cant do this". I read her file and I was overwhelmed with big words I couldn't pronounce. I am a big medical scaredy cat and to top it off we had no idea financially how this would all happen. We didn't know how WE could do it. That there in lies the problem. It wasnt about us. God DEFINITELY without any doubt called us to adopt this little one and who are WE to say no?? With much prayer God revealed to us "she is ours". We trust that he will provide us with whatever we need. So far he has certainly taken away the fears and anxieties we had. We have faith that whatever the risk we have to take the reward is worth it. We do not want to miss out on God's blessing. We are feel so lucky to know she is going to be our daughter and K*rissy's sister. We are so thankful God chose her for us!!
b.r.a.n.d.e.e.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i am just so very excited and so thankful that this is all happening!
ReplyDelete