Ok we are officially, officially, officially waiting on ONE LAST THING!!!
TA (Travel Approval)!!!
Article 5 has been signed, picked up, and overnighted to the appropriate destination! When we receive TA our agency will finalize all the travel plans and I can book my flight! Mine and Katie's passports are on the way to the Consulate thanks to Tabitha! Tabitha is a good friend I have "met" online who is also adopting from China as well! She may even be in China when we are :)
I need to ask you to pray for this situation. Here is the deal. Laila had an echocardiogram of her heart done last week. Good news the echo showed that her shunt from her surgery in 2005 is working, but still her O2 sats are low. This is a concern for flying and traveling to Xining which has a high altitude. The Foundation which Laila is living at now is trying to work with the orphanage in Xining to have the adoption completed in Beijing. The Dr who treats Laila is concerned about her going to spend 5 days at the high altitude in Xining to complete the adoption. He is also going to help me with the flight home whether it be oxygen or speaking with the airline about her condition. Please pray that whatever is best for Laila's health is what will happen. I do not want to put her in any more distress than she will already be in. I know she will most likely be grieving when she leaves everything she has ever known. If only she knew how much we LOVE her already and how happy we are for her to be our daughter and Krissy's sister!!
So now the countdown to TA begins....
Great News!! Praying!!
ReplyDelete