My Blog List

My Blog List

Our family

Our family

Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Guiyang:)



Well, we finally arrived in Guiyang after about 24 hours of travel....We had some delays in Beijing due to weather.  This was my first time to be on a plane that had to be de-iced...LOL.


I'm not going to lie...I got a little lost in the Beijing airport but finally figured it out and muddled my way through.

Guiyang Airport

Our guide, Benjamin, was waiting for us as soon as we gathered our luggage (it all made it!!..WooHoo!).  He is a real nice guy.  I'll get some pics of Benjamin and our driver later to post.  They loaded us up and brought us on to the hotel.  I went ahead and exchanged a little bit of money and Krissy and I went up to the room.

Krissy riding to our hotel in Guiyang
The room is very nice, but a little small.  After kind of getting to take showers and change clothes Krissy and I decided to venture out for a little bit.  I forgot to take pics when we went out, but I will post a lot more once Krissy, Riley and I go out looking around.  Anyhow, we ventured around for a little bit.  It was getting very cold as the evening came so we headed back to the room.  We laid on our beds for a few minutes and that was when we started to realize how tired we really were.  We decided not to go out for food so we ordered room service.  It was great!!!
After we Skyped with Bran and Laila, ate in our rooms and watched a little bit of snowboarding on the Olympics we decided we couldn't stay up any longer...it was getting late..6 p.m. to be exact..LOL.  We went to bed and slept hard till about 4:30 or 5.  We woke up and Skyped with Bran and Laila.  After that we "Riley proofed" our room and went to the hotel restaurant for breakfast.  That brings me to now.  8:00 a.m. China time.  I think we'll catch one more nap and then go out to find a place we can buy some food and such for the room.  
AND THEN.....THE BEST PART COMES TODAY!!!  GOTCHA!!!!!!  WE GET RILEY TODAY AT 4:00 P.M.!!!!  Krissy and I are so, so excited!!  It's going to be a long day waiting on time to go.  We will take as many pics as we can remember to take...I promise!!
Till after we get Riley.....talk to you later!!
Jarrod and Krissy

No comments:

Post a Comment