My Blog List

My Blog List

Our family

Our family

Total Pageviews

Friday, February 14, 2014

Guangzhou!


We have arrived!! Guangzhou!!
Now instead of the tiny room with nowhere for Riley to play, we have a living room, bedroom and VERY nice shower and tub! We have a TV in both the living room and bedroom so Krissy and I can hang out after Riley goes to sleep. Also during the day if Krissy needs a little "me" time she can go into one of other rooms and watch TV or whatever.
We were taken to the airport today by Benjamin our guide in Guiyang. I can't say enough about Benjamin. He was so helpful and he and our driver both took such an interest in the girls. They always talked to Riley and Krissy and were very helpful. Benjamin carried my groceries on an almost 1.5 mile walk to the hotel from the grocery store so I could carry Riley..(Really wore me out...Hahaha).
Krissy and I were really wondering how Riley would do on her first flight. I was a little nervous for her, not knowing if she would freak out or not. However, when we started the take off roll she just looked up at me, smiled, and went back to reading her book. It was like it was nothing to her to fly....Whew!! That's one less thing that I was worried about.
I feel a LOT less stressed now that we are in Guangzhou. It was hard in Guiyang because it was SO COLD and we stayed in so much. The room was tiny so Riley couldn't play very well. I was worried about Krissy being able to eat and such. I didn't feel completely safe walking out on the streets with just Riley, Krissy and I since I wasn't familiar with the area.
I will say though that Guangzhou is a whole other world. In Guiyang we ordered room service all the time because I was so worried about finding food for Krissy that I knew, or at least was pretty sure, didn't have eggs. Here in Guangzhou we can walk to a McDonald's, Pizza Hut and other places VERY EASILY. There was a Pizza Hut in Guiyang but it was a little more of a hike to get to it.
Well, I guess I better run. Riley's been out for a while and Krissy and I need some rest. We go for Riley's medical check tomorrow. I'll try to blog a little more now that things are a little more settled..
Later,
Krissy, Riley and Jarrod

No comments:

Post a Comment