My Blog List

My Blog List

Our family

Our family

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Almost to Guangzhou...




Sorry I haven't had a chance to write anything since we got Riley on Sunday. It's just been a whirlwind pretty much since then.
First let me tell how Gotcha went....
Benjamin, our guide, and our driver both picked Krissy and I up at the hotel and took us to get Riley. When we got there the Foster Mom and Riley were already there waiting for us. She was just beautiful!! Her smile was just amazing. She went right to Krissy and I and started showing us her picture album that she had brought with her. After a little while her Foster Mom left and I kind of had that funny feeling you get when you leave the hospital with only your newborn child and your wife....you think "Oh my...it's just us now...I hope I can do this"....Hahaha... That passed quicly though and we started doing paperwork. She only got upset for a second when we had to do her handprint.
Riley has yet to show any signs of mourning or grief. I still expect to see some eventually, but she is so HAPPY!!! She loves Krissy so much! Krissy is just really amazing on this trip! She is so helpful with Riley. She is so loving and caring toward Riley...Krissy is really showing me a lot during this trip. I can't wait to get home with Riley and let Laila and Brandee in on some of this fun. Laila is a VERY caring girl and I know she can't wait to get a hold of Riley and start showing her love.
I will say that being in a VERY small hotel room is tough. Poor Riley just doesn't have the room she needs to play. For Krissy and I it is like being in a small room full of sharp objects and trying to keep an eye on Riley. We have to tell her no a LOT more than we want to right now but there just is so much we can't let her get into here in the room. She does well though. She doesn't get upset or mad at us. We may have to tell her a few times but she minds pretty well.
Benjamin and our driver (I forget his name) took us to a buddhist temple the other day. It was very beautiful. We did a LOT of walking!! I was worn out. Oh, and another thing...Riley just loves our driver. Every time we go to get out of the van she goes up to him and hugs him and talks to him...I wish I could understand the things she says. She is always talking to us. I do understand "I love you", "daddy", "kiki", "Laila" and a couple of other things but that is about it.....
Well, I better stop for now. Gotta tell my girls goodnight! Oh, and Riley sleeps a lot!! About 12 hours. She is all over the place though....I mean all over the place!!...LOL...
Well, till next blog.....take care!
Jarrod, Krissy, and Riley

Thank goodness for the playroom because the weather is terrible! 



No comments:

Post a Comment