Our Happily Ever After....
I am way overdue for an update! Life has been so busy since Laila recovered from her heart surgery. She has been doing so well that we have been going nonstop! Most of my updates are through facebook. Quick posts and back to the chaos! I thought I would come back to my blog to share something very exciting!
We are adopting again!
Here she is!!! Riley Irene Perry! If you have seen her on Reece's Rainbow she is named "Vonnie" on their website. Is she not the cutest baby girl ever!!!?? We received a video of her in our update and she is pure precious-ness walking around like a big girl!

More about Riley
Riley has Down Syndrome. She has a heart defect as well. Ironically Laila has one of the the heart defects that is most common seen in children with Down Syndrome. AV Canal. However from reading Riley's file it sounds as if she does not have the complete AV Canal defect. She has a VSD, ASD, and PDA. We were able to get an update on her and we were told her heart was repaired. Of course we will bring her to a cardiology check up right away to make sure. We are very excited to bring her home. The girls are so excited too. Every time we sit down at the table we start talking about Riley. She will turn 5 in November. We are praying for travel by February. It could possibly be sooner depending on how the timelines move. I think it has been therapeutic for Laila to see the LONG paperchase process! She loves getting to "help out". Every time we are waiting on a document to be completed or racing to check the mail we remind Laila that we did the same thing for her. Here is a picture of the girls sending off our I800A.

We are hoping that we will have the funds for Jarrod to bring Krissy to China to help out with Riley. She is really hoping to get to go. I think having Krissy will help quite a bit. I do not think Laila can go with her heart condition, but I am planning to ask her cardiologist what his opinion is. Most likely I am going to stay here with Laila because I feel most comfortable if one of us is with her! It will be so hard not to go. I promised Laila if we stay here we would eat Chinese food everyday. That is the part that Laila would like to experience the most. The FOOD! Poor baby misses her Chinese food still 3 years later!
Speaking of 3 years! Here is a picture from Laila's 3 Gotcha Day :) We were on our way to eat Chinese food. She needed new chopsticks and her new obsession is anything to do with mermaids!

Gotta post another pic of Krissy! My little sports playing girl! She is almost about to pass me up in height. Where did the time go??

Hopefully soon I will post DTC!!! I cannot wait to start the big countdown!!!!
Riley is adorable!
ReplyDelete