My Blog List

My Blog List

Our family

Our family

Total Pageviews

Monday, April 19, 2010

About a year ago

When were reviewing Laila's file...( Well let me back up) We had requested it, but another family had already been given her file. They were not able to proceed with her adoption and then her file was sent to us. We weren't expecting it at all. All of a sudden here it was and it was our decision to make. I won't lie it was scary and overwhelming and within 5 minutes of reading it, I had to walk out and go to work just as Jarrod was walking in from work. In passing we said "well maybe its too much for us" You know we are just regular people and we do not know much about heart conditions and surgeries. I worked late and then spent the evening visiting family that was in town. That evening we still didnt get a chance to TALK. After Jarrod went to sleep, I spent the night googling heterotaxy, fenestrated fontan procedure, and other conditions that were listed in Laila's file. Googling medical conditions can make even the most rational person want to run away..we almost did... But then I came across this video...



I saw the sweet little girl in the video at 3 minutes 30 seconds and I knew she was OURS. God wanted to bless us with this child and no way I am turning down his blessing. Just like the song by Steven Curtis Chapman says:

"I saw the face of Jesus in a little orphan girl. She was standing in a corner on the other side of the world...what now? what will you do now that you found me???"

We have had some people come tell us what we are doing is such a wonderful thing and how Laila is so lucky. But I cannot stress enough that WE are the lucky ones. We are blessed. When I looked over the LOA document from China I kept thinking WOW this is amazing!!! Now that we have gotten more educated about heart conditions we no longer have fear. God removed that long ago. We are trusting in HIS plan for our family. If you have followed my blog you know that we had had our share of ups and downs getting everything done to bring her home. After everything we have been through I FULLY know that when I go to China that it will be in HIS time! God knows I tried to control it, but I had to learn to give that to him. For now we will wait until its time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment