My Blog List

My Blog List

Our family

Our family

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Milestone moment


Today Laila's teacher sent me a message about something I have to share. She was standing by Laila's table when she overheard a child ask Laila "why did she adopt you?"
Laila said, "who?"
The child said, "Your mom!"
and Laila said--- "because she loved me!!"

:) :) :) :) Its great knowing she feels loved!!! I mean we can shower her with love all day long and say it a million times, but we cannot make her feel it. That had to come from a place inside her heart. To know she is now at that place it is a great feeling!!!

Then to top off an already great thing. A little boy at Laila's desk lights up and said he was adopted too! They had a little adoption discussion together. I love it!!!


Overall school is going great for Laila. She is really enjoying it. Krissy loves having her there and getting to step into that "big sister" role by watching over Laila. (even though Krissy is really the little sister!!) Oh and Krissy will turn 7 next week. So now they will be the same age again. 2 seven year olds! Lots of girly fun going on around here. But below is a picture of their favorite pastime. Playing Doctor! High-tech Doctoring too! Its about hooking up IV and oxygen tubes and chest drainage tubes. That poor doll has had more surgeries than I could count! I can't keep a box of band-aids around here! But they have a blast doing it!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. This makes me feel so warm inside (and makes me want to run home and scoop up my Lil Pumpkin and feel her pride in being Chinese and being our eldest child).

    ReplyDelete