YES finally something happy to post! I have been so down about how slow things have been going I have neglected my blog! But now things are progressing and we are THRILLED! If you haven't been reading my blog we started the home study process and the agency we were working with closed and we had to start over. SO we lost about 2 months of time. PRECIOUS time I might add. But we are trusting that all will be done in HIS time!
So now we have sent off some really important papers and we wait for an appointment to get fingerprinted... then soon after that we will be sending our dossier to China. Thats the next big step to look out for - DTC!
We have been so blessed to have received pictures and little notes about Laila from others who have met her. We even had a rare opportunity to purchase some artwork by HER to help support the children of the SFCV! (where she is at now!) It is priceless to us and we have it hanging proudly!!
As much as I want to complain about our wait.... I can't.... When I really start to think about how hard it is for us to survive the wait, I think of Laila and how long she has been waiting. I look at Krissy and think how hard it is for her to wait for something. If she knows in 3 days we are going to (for example) Chuck E Cheese she will ask every 5 minutes "Now when are we going to Chuck E Cheese??" and sometimes we will even cave and go sooner!! Its hard at that age to WAIT! If I think about it too much I feel so guilty and sad that I even let myself feel anxious about it. Then I wonder what she knows about us and if its hard on her to wait. Then I realize what I have to go through is nothing. I KNOW it will be so worth the end result and I have to be patient(but its oh so hard!!). We will continue to do everything in our power to keep things moving and soon this part of the process will be a part of the past.
***Also if you have time check out this blog! This sweet little one was just recently matched with a family!
http://bringinghomelei.blogspot.com/
No comments:
Post a Comment