Thats what the process as been so far! We had an agency closure that forced us to FRANTICALLY find another to help us complete our homestudy and be with us throughout the process. Thank goodness for my friend Nicole that evening! Seriously I went into panic mode, but with just a couple emails back and forth I was confident that it was going to be ok!! Thank you Nicole! :) (BTW Nicole's family is adopting Lail*a's good friend A*va so it is really a blessing to have that connection)
As far as when we travel we will probably have a slightly longer delay in this process, but we are chugging along and confident that it will be worth every single day, hour, minute, second of waiting! We have to be strong in our Faith that there is a reason for this delay and God's timing is perfect.
While on that subject..Faith.. I have been thinking a lot about it lately. I am sure you know people in your life whose faith never seems to shake? Their relationship with God is so rock solid. I always have a quiet admiration for those people. My brother is one of those people to me. At times I get frustrated because I want to be like those people I see who never seem to crumble. Then I think that without the lows I wouldn't have had the highs. Those times when I felt so close to God that he was just a whisper away. Such stark contrast to the times when I feel so far removed. I have to admit my faith had been in a lull after our 3 losses. I knew God had a purpose, but I still couldn't shake that feeling. When God planted the seed of adoption in our hearts and we began looking into special needs adoption I began to realize that he would require my faith to be renewed. When we were reviewing Lail*a's file and trying to decide if YES we were going to adopt Lail*a I had these prayer cards in my kitchen that I would switch out randomly and I changed the card and it said:
"Father forgive my little faith. THANK YOU for showing me that I have faith. I must prove it by my compassion"
Thank God we have faith.
A faith that guided us to know in our hearts that indeed this is God's will and we moved forward to adopt Lail*a.
Faith that is getting us through this process.
Faith that will continue to be a stronghold through the open heart surgery she faces when she gets home.
Faith, I have had it all along.
Thanks for reminding me God!
Wow, girl. This is such an inspiring story. Thank you for this uplifting blog. This is the truth. Faith is everything. How sad that it takes such little things to shake it. He also uses the little things to renew it. God is so good and how His plan works always keeps us on our toes. He never goes the conventional route. I am praying for you guys and what the future holds for you and your beautiful family. Thank you for sharing. Amber Stark
ReplyDelete