Something I read on my cousin Katie's blog got me to thinking. Katie for one is an extremely wonderful writer and her words always convey her heart in a subtle yet piercing way. Katie blogged recently about how she and her husband will be adopting because God had better plans for her to build their family. Something about that line struck me. God does have plans for us. Better plans! Sometimes we take a winding path to get to those plans. I know with us starting our family we were immensely blessed to have no infertility issues with K*rissy. The pregnancy, the labor, and everything was perfect and she is perfect to us in every way. I was so confident that when we wanted another child it would "happen" just like before. I mean why not? Unfortunately we had to go through some tough times. In three years we had 3 losses. I struggled with it and we both didn't understand why us? We have a good, loving home and we have more love we want to give to another child. All along God knew adoption was HIS plan to add another child for our family. The seed of adoption was planted in our hearts before our last miscarriage. Looking back I know that it was God's plan for us to have hope through the last loss. It softened the blow having that hope. After much healing we really felt the call to adopt internationally was God's plan (aka Plan A) all along and we needed to follow it. We had to go through some heartache, but I wouldn't trade it for anything now. Honestly I am so thankful for what I have been through and how much more I appreciate J.a.r.r.o.d & K*rissy. (and Lail*a too!) I feel like we are the luckiest people to have been chosen by God to adopt! I trust that God's plan to unite us forever as a family with Lail*a will bring us joy and I do not want to miss it for the world! Who knows what the future holds for Katie & Cole right now, but God does and I agree with her that HIS plan is the best!!
it is so very true that He really does have a plan. all these years while Krissy was growing and you were planning to grow your family eventually not even thinking it might not work out as you planned, Laila was growing too and God was preparing all of your hearts for each other! thats so exciting!
ReplyDelete